Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So I get like ten minutes after food to chill a bit and then work on my quiz that is on thursday so i just thought i would blog a bit and let people know keh what is happening. 

1:- had my first freak out episode yesterday when i thought i was too stupid to do the Writing paper.. really.. i was about to email(blitz as it is known here) the prof that i couldnt do it. Even now i really dont know what i was supposed to write and what i actually wrote but that is another story. i wrote four drafts for this paper and i was sick of it and today i just worked on the draft i had prepared and submitted. that was a bad time, i was thinking that how i was the only one in the class who just couldnt get it and dint deserve to be in the class. then i thought i should go for the easier class and talk to my advisor about switching and drop this class. Yes, i do love it really it is one of the best classes ever but the work was getting on my nerves. But then i talked to a few people adn this is how the convos worked. 

ME:I am in Karens class
Person: Are you dying?
ME:- I am losing my mind.
Person:Then its ok, if you arent going insane then you are going to fail the class. Just hang in there she knows whats it about. 
Me: I have other classes.
Person. Well we all did and we made it, you will too. 

Another convo:-
Person:- Zain, remember two things about this class, first you will never be happy with your paper, second prof Karen will never be happy and thirdly you will never get more than a B plus in this class. 

And then i thought well you know it is an amazing class, i mean the writing program here is awesome and this prof chooses all of her students and she chose me even though i just blitzed her twice about the class. so maybe she sees something (she constantly refers to that btw, how she chose us all and how she knows we wil all pull through). Only one kid has dropped her class ever..and yesterday i was thinking about being the second person, but now i think ill pull through it. needless to say there will be many more tears to come magar if it helps me to be a better writer it is worth it. 

2:- Yea i stopped eating alot. Not because i think Hot chocolate with poppyseed and orange muffins is bad at midnight but because my Dining Balance account (DBA) is crashing fast. My scholarship covers certian expenditure for my food, if i exceed that i pay for it myself. I however would rather not do that since food is obscenely expensive and now I just eat less forced to do so . Today i just had a coffee, soup and tuna sandwhich, the whole freaking day. 

I will miss the Pavillion cookies, God's gift to all of us who made it to Dartmouth. I kid you not, those things are divine.

On that note i end this, yes it has no personal observations but i dont have time, maybe next time. 

Wish me love and pray I live through this class. 

2 comments:

ali said...

ok. So i think it is somewhat gay to read ur blog with such interest, but id have to admit i have read em all. And Yes i shall comment on all of them... just to make ur day ma'boy!! ok so what if i dont have an account??? eh eh?? i shall make one!!

ali said...

ok. So i think it is somewhat gay to read ur blog with such interest, but id have to admit i have read it all. And Yes i shall comment on all of them... just to make ur day ma'boy!! ok so what if i dont have an account??? eh eh?? i shall make one!!