Monday, November 10, 2008

Today has been along day, and it is going to get longer still.. had a midterm, classes and now I have to go and watch a movie for class and then hopefully go to sleep and get up tomorrow to work on my paper for Writing as well as the Ethics bowl which has shifted to priority one now that the midterm and the paper are semi out of the way.

Hah.. ok so first of all I really like the people around here.. i kid you not.. yesterday i was working in the common room, and this girl who i dont even know that well, walks in and was telling me how she is going to the CO-OP (the only grocery store on campus), and I said that i wanted to go but i dint have any time. so she she asked me if i wanted anything and i said that i needed some fruit. when i came back from the library last night, she had bought some fruit for me and since i wasnt in the room she just put it on the bed. Pretty nice, right? same way somebdoy gave me their ticket for the performance by the Gospel choir which was pretty good.. i mean not as good as this other concert i went to but nice and dignified in a solemn way...and then there is Farzeen who lives above me who wakes my up for Fajr by jumping up and down on her floor which is my roof.. pretty cool people..

Moms was here for two days. which was awesome.. i took her around the campus even went to some places that i had not been to before.. she took my friends out for dinner. when the bill came they al reached in their pockets to pay cept ama took the check and paid for it. They were quite impressed by that and thought that my mom was so cool. as a result of mom's generousity my friend is going to pay for my Thanksgiving khana.. then the next day i had to go to class and so i left moms on the Green and said i would come back in an hour cept that when i got back moms wasnt there.. yea i was confused and looked all over campus for her.. it turns out that she had walked all the way to the COOP and gotten some dal and some chawal and other stuff and then she made dal and chawal and i called all my friends up and we all had this impromptu dinner after we got done with homework and all.. so much fun.. i took some pictures and i guess i will upload them next weekend now.. or maybe this Thrusday if i get the time.. Regardless it was awesome hanging out in the common room as mom made food and i did homework, felt just like home.. while she as doing work kids kept coming in and and asking her questions and offering to help out and what not.even my friends really liked her, and she herslef went to make quite a lot of friends that day.. nice trip..

well i should get back to my work.. should do what i can before i go watch the film... wish me luck everybody...

Bye

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zoyya said...

Luck Luck!!!!!!!

ali said...

i called you the other day.. ur phone was on voice mail.

ali said...

Khair... Sup?

ali said...

not the best of comments!! but like i give a shyt..

ali said...

oh i have to tell u the not so awesome story abt my SAT... and my adidas sneakers. They got stolen!!