Monday, November 17, 2008

Back from Villanova. When we are getting back, and were a mile away from school I could see the weather vane on top of Baker Tower and I thought, "I am back, home sweet home". I came in my dorm, was hugged and welcomed back and went to recount the details which I will share now with you guys.

Well the trip there was amazing, we talked a lot about completely random things yet managed to get alot of work done. Nikhil could actually be one of the coolest people I have ever, ever, ever met. Triple major (Maths, Econ and Physics), track team, perfect student (nominated for Rhodes Scholarship by the school), witty, perfect son, perfect grandson (plans to work in Gwalior to take care of his grandparents when he graduates) and he actually means that unlike *some* other people we know (inside joke, hopefully Shahni apa and Zehra will get it), has the ability to hold an argument in pretty much everything, spouts random facts all the time which I checked and they turn out to be correct, and tells quite funny stories. Yes, I was completely awed by the guy, and was thinking "Dude, isnt there a single flaw? How can anyone be just so plain flawless?" I am still looking for one and I think I will be obscenely happy the day I find one. 

However the road trip wasnt just a discussion about best fast food restaurants, or Nikhil's explanation of quantam mechanics to me and Matt, or merits of Bollywood actresses compared to Giselle or whether Urdu as a language would actually die in the next 100 years. These were just a few topics played around, there was much much more that I cannot remember. Me and Matt felt bad about taking frivolous classes after listening to Nikhils description of Finance and Mathematics or Quantam mechanics that now we both feel that we should never take a Film class. Sad, I know. 

But we actually got work done on the trip which goes on to show something that I have learnt here. It is possible to get quite some stuff done if you just sit down and FOCUS. Fine, we wasted quite some time but we all presented our cases, prepared them because even in the car we had not mastered all our cases. I certainly had to develop a presentation for one of them, and we did that all in the car with everybody's help. 

Came to the hotel, chilled for some time, had food, talked about politics, I regaled them with stories of random things I did in Pakistan. We got done with food, happy and relaxed, joking around thinking about the awesome beds waiting for us upstairs when Nikhil suddenly went into slave driver mode. 

We got 20 minutes for all our cases, to write down our arguments condensed into three points, and present them after that. We were all so tired but we sat down and got that done and then Nikhil went to completely blast until he felt that we got everything done. 

Ok sorry guys but more details later since I have to go for class. 

1 comment:

zoyya said...

I dont even know if i should luv or hate the Nikhils here!!
and there are so many of them!!
makes me think i should move into our local library and not come out until i have mastered every subject in the whole world!!!